Author Topic: Why is the froum hidden?  (Read 499 times)

coiner

Why is the froum hidden?
« on: November 24, 2020, 03:47:23 AM »
Question... why is the forum kinda hidden?
I mean no one can read without logging in. Would it not be nicer to have read open to all? That way can potentially new members see the payment proofs etc without registering first.
Ok maybe you say the should become a member first before getting the idea what the site about. But will that not create "dead" members?

Just a question  :)

admin

• Administrator
Re: Why is the froum hidden?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 04:17:57 AM »
I mean no one can read without logging in. Would it not be nicer to have read open to all? That way can potentially new members see the payment proofs etc without registering first.
Ok maybe you say the should become a member first before getting the idea what the site about. But will that not create "dead" members?

My understanding is because we have added the Forum so that all members at the site automatically become members at the Forum. The idea behind that is to encourage members to post - Many cannot be bothered to register otherwise.

I feel sure that there is a setting somewhere that allows "anyone" to view.  If I can find it I will open it. We already have Registration Disabled, to prevent non-members posting and spamming, so there is no reason not allow viewing.

I will keep searching when I have time to spare.  :D

Now Sorted!!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:28:10 AM by admin »
Here to help - Feel free to ask.....

coiner

Re: Why is the froum hidden?
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 04:39:17 AM »

My understanding is because we have added the Forum so that all members at the site automatically become members at the Forum. The idea behind that is to encourage members to post - Many cannot be bothered to register otherwise.

I feel sure that there is a setting somewhere that allows "anyone" to view.  If I can find it I will open it. We already have Registration Disabled, to prevent non-members posting and spamming, so there is no reason not allow viewing.

I will keep searching when I have time to spare.  :D

Now Sorted!!

Great thank you.

Hopefully more will read the forum and may even start posting  :D